The YMCA of Columbia’s Christian Emphasis Committee is made up of a group of dedicated Christians who volunteer their time to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ in the YMCA of Columbia for the purpose of carrying out our mission—to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
If you are looking to cultivate your own spirit or make a positive difference in your YMCA community, inquire about Christian Emphasis at our Member Services Desk or email email@example.com
- Encourage the development of the whole person: mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially.
- Provide programs and resources that promote Biblical Christian Values that can be applied in the lives of members as well as the community at large.
- Preserve the YMCA’s spiritual heritage.
- Promote interdenominational cooperation and support by strengthening the YMCA’s relationship with churches and other faith based organizations.
- Build strong working relationships with other YMCAs (through Christian Emphasis Committee where available), promoting cooperation, communication, program sharing and spiritual development.
- Promote understanding of, and appreciation for all people in the community and help create an environment, which encourages strong family values, model citizenship and respect for others.
- Provide biblical counsel, financial resource development and committed Christian leadership, for the support of our staff and volunteers.