|NorthWest Family YMCA|
|$32,000 - $35,000|
|Monday - Friday and some weekends depending on branch activities.|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The YMCA of Columbia includes six branches, serving Richland, Kershaw, Lancaster, Calhoun, and Orangeburg counties and is a partner with the Palmetto Center for Women (formerly the YWCA). Throughout our nearly 170 years of existence, we have stayed true to our mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Our five core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith continue to thrive in our programs today.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Director, the Program Director is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of high quality programs at the Northwest Family YMCA. This position will focus on the quality of program operations and strive to meet the financial budget for aquatics.
• Program/Services areas: Aquatics
• Current Staff (direct and indirect): 125 Part Time Employees, 100 Volunteers
• Budget: $250k
• Branch fund raising leadership focus: Staff Campaign – Assist with other functions of the campaign as assigned
• Branch board committee leadership support
1. Directs, develops and manages assigned day-to-day operations of the Northwest Family YMCA, in compliance with the strategic plan, association standards, and safety procedures.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position.
4. Monitor and control daily income and expenses
5. Responsible for all required, department and branch specific, end of the month paperwork that is deemed necessary by supervisor.
6. Ensure the accuracy and knowledge of accounting, payroll and other fiscal matters, and the adherence to Association
7. policies, procedures and proven practices.
8. Provides staff support for assigned committees. Provides staff leadership for Annual Support Campaign.
9. Ensure all Annual Campaign deadlines are met.
10. Ensure that goals are met in the following areas of focus: number of campaigners, number of members solicited, number of donations secured and financial goal.
11. Commitment to creating a truly volunteer-driven campaign structure by focusing on: campaigner identification, cultivation, communication and motivation
12. Participate and assist in all special fundraising events as required
13. Seek out and develop positive community partnerships and collaborations that enhance the mission and strategic direction of the Y
14. Intentionally and strategically focus program outcomes to support and integrate youth development and healthy living
15. Ensure high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
16. Demonstrate program growth, participant retention, program quality, community impact and member and staff satisfaction.
17. Develops and directs a marketing plan for assigned programs, providing for the production and dissemination of information promoting YMCA programs.
18. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
19. Assists with Association Quality Team meetings as assigned.
20. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
1. Bachelor’s degree in recreation, human services, management, or related field; or equivalent
2. Minimum of two years experience in pool operations, risk management procedures, supervising or directing programs as a program coordinator/director
3. YMCA Team Leader or Multi Team Leader
4. CPR and 1st Aid certifications required.
5. Proven success in fiscal management, fund raising, staff development and community collaboration.
6. Ensure all aquatic staff follows our Standard Operating Procedure.
1. YMCA or equivalent lifeguard certified (Lifeguard Instructor preferred)
1. Ability to lift heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
2. Work safely in an environment containing chemicals, cleaning materials, and noise.
3. Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions.