|Baseball and Softball Referee|
|Lexington Family YMCA|
|$13 per game|
|Sat. 8:00am-2pm other hours may vary|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The Baseball/Softball Referee must attend, monitor and regulate the games and enforce rules during games.
• Prepare field prior to game, including any set-up.
• Introduce yourself to coaches and players before the game.
• Be sure calls are clear, consistent and easy to understand.
• Monitor and regulate the game to ensure conformance with rules and regulations.
• Submit records and scores to supervisor.
• Keep a current copy of the rules.
• Perform miscellaneous related duties, as assigned.
• Working knowledge of the principles and playing rules of the sport.
. Knowledge of YMCA and YMCA sports rules.
• May require lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.