|Afterschool Bus Driver|
|NorthWest Family YMCA|
|$15 an hour|
|10-15 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 2 – 4:30 p.m. MUST commit to a full year.|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The Bus Driver is responsible for safely transporting children to various programs and trips. The incumbent will provide supervision and direction for children while they are on the bus.
• Transport children to and from program activities and sites.
• Ensure the bus is in safe operating condition.
• Report any conditions to the bus that need correction/attention.
• Oversee conduct of children while on the bus.
• Follow all laws and driver guidelines.
• Must possess a valid CDL driver’s license. The Northwest Family YMCA will cover costs of class if not certified.
• Clean driving record.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Previous experience supervising children
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to respond quickly to emergencies and have the ability to help children on and off the bus.