|Jeep Rogers Family YMCA|
|Varies; Seeking weekday mornings (8-12), weekday afternoons (4-8:30), and weekends (Saturday 8-12 and Sunday 1-5:30).|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the supervision of the Membership Director, the Childwatch Attendant of the Jeep Rogers Family YMCA is successfully implementing the Y mission, strategic goals, key initiatives and core values in the areas of youth development and member engagement. The position serves an important role in engaging and retaining members, creating community amongst members, and facilitating a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for children. The Childwatch Attendant will also participate in branch events and fundraising for YMCA-related programming.
1. Maintains a neat and organized Child Watch area.
2. Actively supervises and participates in activities with all children.
3. Maintains required records, e.g. attendance, etc.
4. Ensures the safety and well-being of all participants.
5. Upholds all YMCA policies, procedures, standards and code of conduct.
6. Treats all children with dignity and respect.
7. Assists children with daily needs including but not limited to washing hands, using the restroom, unpacking of belongings, etc.
8. Ensures required supplies available.
9. Communicates all suggestions, incidents and feedback to supervisor.
10. Uses appropriate forms of discipline.
11. Greets and informs parents and children.
12. Respects confidentiality when discussing issues concerning children.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
a. Child Abuse Prevention Training within 30 days of hire
b. CPR/AED, and First Aid within 30 days of hire
c. Blood borne Pathogens Training within 60 days of hire
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
4. Minimum age of 16.
5. Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement activities.
6. Possess a courteous, professional manner.
The physical demands of the position include:
• Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Ability to lead and interact in individual and group activities and perform related physical skills.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to climb, push, and pull.
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds.