|Functional Training Instructor|
|Jeep Rogers Family YMCA|
|Vary based on class times.|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Instructs group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Designs and leads workouts for both groups and individuals, from beginner to advanced, that are safe, effective.
2. Assesses, monitors, and develops exercise programming based on the athlete’s current and ongoing fitness/performance goals, fitness levels, and readiness for training.
3. Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
4. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
1. CPR, First Aid, AED,
2. Level 1 CrossFit Certification or equivalent
3. PT certification from a nationally recognized organization or equivalent
4. At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred.
1. Ability to conduct classes and activities.
2. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.