|Member Service Associate|
|Lexington Family YMCA|
|Varies: weekdays and weekends|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the supervision of the Membership Coordinator, the Membership Associate of the Lexington YMCA is successfully implementing the Y mission, strategic goals, key initiatives and core values in the areas of sales and member engagement. The position serves an important role in engaging and retaining members, creating community amongst members, and facilitating a safe and welcoming environment. He or she is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and accurate service to all members, guests, and program participants over the phone and in person, responding to member and guest needs, promoting memberships and programs, and maintaining cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. The Member Associate will also participate in branch events and fundraising for YMCA membership-related programming.
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
2. On a daily basis, answers phone calls, answers questions and registers members for memberships and programs offered at the YMCA.
3. Has an upbeat, friendly personality to answer telephones and provides accurate information regarding programs, events, and membership at the Lexington YMCA.
4. During all shifts, reviews the communication binder for updates, checks the info wall for outdated, inaccurate, or missing info/flyers/brochures, follows up on all membership prospects, and reconnects new members via email or phone call.
5. Conducts interviews and informational tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
6. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
7. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
8. Maintains a professional appearance at all times by adhering to the Member Service Dress Code.
9. Works with Member Services team in meeting monthly sales goals.
10. Attend and actively participate in monthly in-service Member Services department meetings.
a. Child Abuse Prevention Training (within 30 days of hire)
b. CPR/AED, and First Aid (within 30 days of hire)
c. Blood borne Pathogens Training (within 60 days of hire)
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
5. Basic knowledge of computers.
6. Must pass membership software operations exam within 30 days of hire.
7. Minimum age of 18.
8. Excellent sales skills, communication skills and basic computer experience.
9. Possess a courteous, professional manner.
10. Prefer prior sales and customer service experience.
To perform this job successfully an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and duties listed above, and the physical demands of the position listed here, are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The physical demands of the position include:
• Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Ability to lead and interact in-group activities and perform related physical skills.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to climb, push, and pull.
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds