|Jeep Rogers Family YMCA|
|$12.00 per hour|
|20 hours per week|
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the supervision of the Membership Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Membership Services Coordinator bears primary responsibility for all office management functions and secondarily duties with guiding and directing Child Watch services.
The Membership Services Coordinator processes and files all membership paperwork, assists with front-desk management, and maintenance of common areas and supplies. This person also assists with guiding, directing and training Child Watch staff members and effectively communicating with parents and staff.
- A/R Maintenance: Generate AR reports and follow-up on uncollected balances
- Ensure that all Y members and employees have their questions answered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Encourage attendance at, take minutes for, and attend monthly board and branch meetings
- Provide clerical support for all YMCA programs by managing member files, the application process, parent communications, supplies, scheduling, food, event support and other responsibilities as determined by programming staff
- Provide administration support to Membership Director
- Assists Membership Director in carrying out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage Child Watch personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their infants, toddlers, pre-school and school age children.
- In cooperation with other staff members, plans and supervises the activities of children.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with parents to discuss achievements and concerns related to their child’s care.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the Child Watch Center and maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Associate or Bachelor's degree and demonstrated administrative, secretarial, and clerical skills required.
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Proficient with office administration including general clerical skills, filing, word processing,copying, office equipment management, and phone etiquette.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
5. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment, working both collaboratively and independently, to meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
6. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
7. Must pass membership software operations exam within 30 days of hire.
2+ years of experience working in an office management role preferred
1. Ability to conduct facility tours.
2. Ability to carry office supplies to supply membership desk.