|Part Time Maintenance|
|NorthWest Family YMCA|
|$10.00 per hour|
Monday - Friday 10:00-2:00pm
some weekends as needed
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Provides custodial and general maintenance services by keeping assigned areas clean, orderly, safe, and secure; performs related duties as assigned.
1. Schedules, coordinates, directs and performs routine and comprehensive custodial maintenance of assigned facilities.
2. Responds to service requests, coordinates resources and implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of campus and community events.
3. Troubleshoots and repairs minor plumbing and electrical problems; replaces a variety of light bulbs and lighting accessories.
4. Operates power equipment such as riding lawnmower, floor buffer, pressure washer, hand and power tools, and facility vehicles.
5. Assists with general landscaping and grass cutting.
6. Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities.
1. Minimum one year work experience as a maintenance employee.
2. High School Graduate.
3. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention
1. Background in construction trades preferred.
2. CDL Driver’s License preferred.
1. Ability to lift heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
2. Work safely in an environment containing chemicals, cleaning materials, and noise.
3. Routinely required to work under inclement weather conditions.