|Jeep Rogers Family YMCA|
2's class: Tuesdays and Thursdays only
3's class: Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays only
4's class: Monday-Friday
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
The Preschoool Teacher is responsible for planning, leading and implementing educational, recreational, and creative experiences for young children in a group setting. The incumbent provides high quality curriculum for preschool-aged children that focus to help them learn numbers, shapes, letters, etc. at a level appropriate to their age, while building on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
1) Plan and carry out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills
2) Organize activities so children can learn about the world, explore interests, and develop talents
3) Develop schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
4) Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of parents
5) Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child’s development
6) Assist children in daily needs including but not limited to washing hands, using the restroom, picking up belongings, assist with snacks and packing or unpacking of belongings.
1) Ability to lead, plan, organize and implement program activities.
1) Previous experience working with preschool aged children.
2) Completed professional/educational training for preschool-aged children, or currently seeking such training.
•Lead and participate in recreation activities which may include running, throwing and kicking.
•Able to lift up to 50 lbs. in program equipment, tables, etc.