|Richland One Afterschool Site Supervisor|
|11.00 per hour|
Monday -Friday 2pm-6pm
Occasional 12pm-6pm shifts
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision at one after school program and up to four associates. The Site Supervisor will ensure the safety and well-being of each child in the program at all times. This position must maintain maximum cordial relationships with the parents or guardians of the children and the administration of the building where the site is located; is responsible for continued compliance with the YMCA standards and child care licensing regulations; and implements operations involving safety, nutrition, hygiene, scheduling, tuition, discipline, curriculum, planning, programming, collection of child care payments, record keeping, and site maintenance.
1. Supports the mission of the YMCA of Columbia and promotes the character development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith.
2. Insures the safety and wellbeing of the children by operating the program in a safe and purposeful manner.
3. Manages associate-to-child ratios within licensing standards and according to Y policies for site coverage.
4. Follows up and reports on absent children to ensure the child’s safety.
5. Maintains accurate attendance, and sign-in/sign-out records, including the daily required sign-in/out sheet with parent or guardian’s signature
6. Ensures that the program meets or exceeds all licensing and Y guidelines.
7. Implements a system for supervision specific to their site structure (playground, bathrooms, etc.) to insure children are never left unattended or placed at risk.
8. Monitors equipment and facilities for safety and security purposes and addresses concerns promptly.
9. Completes all state licensing, financial, and Y reports in an accurate and timely manner and critical incident reports within 24-hours.
10. Communicates important program concerns and information to supervisors.
11. Prepares weekly/monthly activity plans according to educational and environmental standards established by state licensing and the Y.
12. Maintains financial records and monitors weekly fee payment process for site, including accounts receivables.
13. Collects weekly fee and turns checks in to Program Director on a regular basis as needed for receipting.
14. Be prompt and dependable to work scheduled hours.
15. Monitors hours, submits adjustment forms, and reports associate absences in an accurate and timely manner.
16. Distributes a professional site newsletter and calendar on a monthly basis.
17. Completes supply and equipment requests accurately and in a timely manner.
18. Organizes and meets annual campaign site goal and actively recruits at least one parent volunteer from the program to assist with meeting the goal.
19. Attends all mandatory associate in-service and training events and maintains training requirements for licensing.
20. Attends all Site Supervisor meetings- unless absence is previously approved by Program Director and communicates relevant information to site associates.
21. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Associate’s degree, either in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development, Psychology, or a related field or sufficient college coursework/credits.
Minimum of six months experience in an after-school or equivalent setting working with school age children.
Experience in understanding and applying the principles of school-age development and programming.
Relationship building and leadership skills in working with families, building administrators and associates, state licensing representatives, and Y associates.
Sensitivity to clientele and associates representing a variety of family, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Active involvement with and supervision of children requiring physical stamina, alertness, and emotional stability.
Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Commitment and desire to provide quality school age programming at all levels.
At least one year of child care experience.
Ability to attend weekend meetings and trainings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate performing the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The job may require walking primarily on a level surface periodically throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday.