|Lexington Family YMCA|
|$8.25 - $9.25|
Hours Vary - 10am - 6pm
Job Application Deadline:
YMCA Competencies of a Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the lake and waterfront. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the waterfront and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the lake for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
1. Minimum age of 15.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen. Lifeguard certification is a must.
3. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
4. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
1. Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility. Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
2. Meet strength and lifting requirements.
3. See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.