Welcome to the Downtown Y!
The Downtown YMCA has been a cornerstone in Columbia’s community for over 150 years. With state-of-the-art exercise equipment, sports programs, an extensive group exercise schedule, and much more, the Downtown YMCA is ideal for the fitness-minded.
The Downtown YMCA has a wide variety of programs for people of all ages and interests. Please take a few minutes to learn about our new facility.
Amenities at the Downtown YMCA:
- Wellness center with state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment
- Steam room and sauna for men and women
- Over 50 different group exercise classes
- Functional training space with free, high-intensity group exercise classes and open use times
- Yoga studio for low impact classes
- Free weights area
- Virtual spin bikes with over 1,500 on-demand cycle classes
- Memberships include access to all six YMCA of Columbia locations
- Towel service
- ADA-compliant facility
Downtown YMCA Membership Rates
Ballentine, Downtown, NorthWest, Jeep Rogers, Lexington and Orangeburg Facilities
|Young Adult (Ages 15-20)||$0 in April!||$34|
Adult (Ages 21 & up)
|$0 in April!||$51|
Family (2 adults + dependents)
|$0 in April!||$76|
Visit any local YMCA of Columbia location to join or join online.
Please note: those ages 15-17, those with a corporate membership discount, or those with financial assistance must visit the Y to join.
YMCA Holiday Operation Hours:
- New Year’s Day – closed
- Easter Day – closed
- Memorial Day – regular operating schedule
- Independence Day – closed
- Labor Day – closed
- Thanksgiving Day – closed
- Christmas Eve – close at 2 pm
- Christmas Day – closed
- New Year’s Eve – close at 2 pm