This position is primarily responsible for the physical condition of the Jeep Rogers Family YMCA. The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the facility, including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, painting, sanitation, and carpentry. Additional responsibilities including ensuring that routine maintenance is performed and that all facilities are clean and safe for the public, and functioning properly.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member/guest expectations.
- Engage in active listening with members/guests in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- Report to and work closely with the VP of Operations to establish maintenance and capital improvement priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all senior staff to ensure that the daily operations of the Jeep Rogers Family Y are running smoothly.
- See that building property and equipment, within his/her field of responsibility, is not abused, is in top condition, is properly stored, and checked out when needed.
- Perform mechanical operations, repairs and janitorial services when needed.
- Report any and all accidents and emergency situations to your supervisor immediately and prepare the proper reports. Preventative Maintenance and Risk Management are critical components to this position.
- Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry and other enhancements or repairs are to be professional, compliant, safe, and satisfactory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind and spirit and character values for all.
- Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as committees, special events, and fundraising.
- Program/Project Management
- Operational Effectiveness
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, Bloodborne Pathogens and Sexual Harassment training.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- A minimum of 3 years Facility Management experience.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems.
- Carpentry and general maintenance skills required.
- A professional presentation and a cheerful demeanor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to safely supervise program activities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Safely use cleaning chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay Rate: $19 an hour
Please send Resumes to: HR@columbiaymca.org