This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Director intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Oversee operations of the seasonal waterparks, including both Orangeburg and Santee.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and other aquatic activities.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program informationDevelops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills and active listening in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Committee meetings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Remains current in required and voluntary certifications and trainings.
- Periodically serves as the manager on duty in the evenings or weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- One to two years related experience.
- Should hold current certification in the following: YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, Red Cross Lifeguard, Certified Pool Operator or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to successfully complete the following trainings within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen, Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to successfully complete YMCA program-specific certifications as identified by supervisor.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and stand, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay Rate: $45,000- $50,000
Work Days and Times : Varies to include some nights and weekends
Send Resumes: email@example.com