This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direct supervision of of children in an afterschool program. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall experience.
NorthWest Family YMCA
1. Supervises a group of children.
2. Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
3. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
4. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
6. Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Previous experience working with children in a group setting.
2. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc…
3. At least 16 years of age.
4. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training (upon hire).
5. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Candidates who are available Mon-Fri
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
Follows the Lexington Richland 5 school calendar. Additional days and hours are available on school holidays and early release days.