Under the supervision of the Membership Director, the Childwatch Attendant of the Jeep Rogers Family YMCA is successfully implementing the Y mission, strategic goals, key initiatives and core values in the areas of youth development and member engagement. The position serves an important role in engaging and retaining members, creating community amongst members, and facilitating a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for children. The Childwatch Attendant will also participate in branch events and fundraising for YMCA-related programming.
Jeep Rogers Family YMCA
1. Maintains a neat and organized Child Watch area.
2. Actively supervises and participates in activities with all children.
3. Maintains required records, e.g. attendance, etc.
4. Ensures the safety and well-being of all participants.
5. Upholds all YMCA policies, procedures, standards and code of conduct.
6. Treats all children with dignity and respect.
7. Assists children with daily needs including but not limited to washing hands, using the restroom, unpacking of belongings, etc.
8. Ensures required supplies available.
9. Communicates all suggestions, incidents and feedback to supervisor.
10. Uses appropriate forms of discipline.
11. Greets and informs parents and children.
12. Respects confidentiality when discussing issues concerning children.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Child Abuse Prevention Training within 30 days of hire
CPR/AED, Oxygen and First Aid within 30 days of hire
Blood borne Pathogens Training within 60 days of hire
Minimum age of 16.
Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement activities. Possess a courteous, professional manner.
Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency. Ability to lead and interact in individual and group activities and perform related physical skills.Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to climb, push, and pull. Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds.
Monday- Friday 4-830 pm
Saturday – 8-12 pm
Sunday – 130-5