- The Personal Trainer follows the YMCA health and fitness guidelines and is responsible for planning and leading a range of individualized or group exercise/activity sessions for clients in a fitness specialty area. The incumbent performs a variety of fitness programs that are both educational and motivational. The incumbent provides customer service which promotes member wellness in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures and creates a safe, enjoyable and positive environment.
- Assess and reassess member’s needs at each session.
- Pursue an area of expertise such as seniors, adolescents, aquatic exercise, disabilities, pregnancy/post partum, athletes, diabetes, CVD rehabilitation, stress management, etc.
- Works on member retention by providing members with exercise options and helping them redefine their program to keep them interested.
- All other duties as requested by direct supervisor.
- Physical Demands
- 1 year experience in Personal Training and Group Training
- Qualifications – Preferred
- Ability to lead assigned classes and sessions, demonstrating exercise techniques and perform all associated physical activities.
- Qualifications – Required
- Certifications Required: First Aid/AED/CPR and Personal Training Certification.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and individual/group and motivate others to achieve their health and well-being goals.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Essential Functions
- Develop, implement and instruct a variety of personal training and group training sessions for clients. Provide encouragement and expertise for the client in support of the health and well-being goals.
- Administer fitness assessments and other pre-participation documentation with regard to individual exercise programs.
- Maintain required certifications by attending workshops and recertification training.
- Instruct members on the equipment in that facility, helping them achieve their fitness goals, instructing them on changes or additions that would be helpful, giving them good principles and correct safe proper form on equipment.
Pay Rate: $18.00 an hour
Hours: Mid mornings/Afternoons
Contact: Eliza at [email protected]APPLY NOW