The Group Exercise Instructor instructs quality group fitness classes, provides excellent customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
We are looking for instructors to teach classes such as Bootcamp, Kettlebells and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).
Ballentine Family YMCA
• Lead quality group fitness classes to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
• Conduct energizing, fun, safe and educational classes.
• Maintain working knowledge of fitness industry and YMCA trends to provide effective information and training to members.
• Keep accurate class attendance records.
• Be able to respond and follow YMCA policies and procedures in emergency situations.
• Responsible for the safety of all participants during class time.
• Reports to class on time, prepared with materials and equipment, and dressed in appropriate attire.
• Secures qualified substitutes well in advance and provides substitutes with rosters and lesson plans.
• Attends pre-session instructor meetings, staff meetings and instructor workshops as required.
• Maintains all personal certifications; attends workshops and recertification training as needed or required. Provide copies of certifications to Metro.
• Prepares teaching area with necessary equipment and returns it to the storage area at the end of class.
• Participates in branch recruitment for class participants or in program promotion events.
• All other duties as requested by direct supervisor.
• Required Certifications: First Aid/AED/CPR, National Certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in specialty group fitness instruction or YMCA of Foundations of Group Exercise Certification
• Certification in areas of expertise.
• Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and individual/group and motivate others to achieve
their health and well-being goals.
• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
• 1 year of experience teaching group fitness
• Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness.
• Must be able to perform all physical requirements of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time.
Based On Experience
Mornings and evenings