The Y is a leading nonprofit for strengthening community, and the nation’s largest provider of swim lessons to increase skill related to Safety around Water. This position provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes of all ages and abilities. Provides exceptional customer service to promote aquatics programs and the YMCA.
1. Develops, implements, and manages strategies to promote Health Enhancement programs and Membership growth for the YMCA.
2. Hires, trains, supervises, and supports staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
3. Upholds the YMCA Mission and demonstrates behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
4. Ensures high quality activities through innovative program development, evaluations and on-going training of staff. Sets the standards for exceptional member service.
5. Develops, manages, and controls department budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
6. Assists in the marketing and distribution of membership and program information. Coordinates and manages member communications via emails, website, social media, in-branch communications, member inquiries, etc.
7. Maintains equipment and facilities. Purchases equipment, parts and supplies as required. Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
8. Leads the branch’s Race Series events.
9. Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
10. Assures compliance with state, local, and YMCA guidelines.
11. Provides data and reports as required.
12. Maintains annual training requirements.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Mission Advancement
• Operational Effectiveness
• Personal Growth
1. Minimum age of 16. 2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid, Emergency certification. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness. 3. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards. 4. WSI or YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or previous experience. 5. Must becoming Y-USA Swim Instructor certified within 60 days of employment.
1. Must be able to remain alert. 2. Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques. 3. Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals. 4. Ability to continuously scan class.. 5. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift repeatedly, with the assist of the water, a small to average size child weighing up to 100 pounds. 6. Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
Pay Rate: $9.50
Work days and Times: Varies
Contact: Amy Dodson at [email protected]