Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Branch: Jeep Rogers YMCA
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
8. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
1. Minimum age of 16.
2. Certifications: Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
3. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
4. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
1. Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility. Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
2. Meet strength and lifting requirements.
3. See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
Pay Rate: starting rate $8.00 an hour
Work Times/Days: Varies from opening to closing, Monday through Sunday
Contact: Email Amy Dodson at [email protected]