Friendship, Accomplishment, Belonging
The YMCA of Columbia camps offer a mix of fun and educational activities aimed at improving kids’ well-being. Our program centers on three areas proven to impact kids’ development: friendship, accomplishment and belonging.
Through the Y’s day camp program, kids participate in fun and educational activities that help them grow.
- Learn and master skills that help them realize their passions, talents and potential;
- Build friendships with new friends and staff role models, adding to their well-being;
- Help them feel like they belong so they feel safe, welcome and free to express their individuality.
Camp will be held weekly June 8 – August 14, 2020
2020 Summer Camp In-House Registration Form (Opens March 1, 2020)
Note: A $10 non-refundable deposit per week is required to reserve your spot. Any registration that occurs within 3 days of start of care will incur a $15 price increase.
Refer to our Parent Handbook or call 803.407.8007.
Traditional Day Camp
New experiences, skill-building, a sense of community and lasting friendships are all part of Traditional Summer Day Camp. Weekly-themed activities allow campers to create arts and crafts, explore science and technology, swim, participate in field trips, appreciate nature, and better understand our many cultures. Campers will build self-confidence, appreciate teamwork and sportsmanship while gaining independence as they nurture their spirits, challenge their minds and strengthen their bodies. Kids can explore diverse interests and have fun along the way.
Ages: 4-11 years old
Times: 7 am – 6 pm
$120 per week for Y Members
$160 per week for Non-Members
Teens have a reason to step away from their screens and get out and have some face-to-face interaction at Teen Day Camp. They will learn life skills such as communication, collaboration and social skills that will help them down the road in college and beyond. Enriching and interactive activities teach the Y’s five core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith. Teens have the ability to make activity choices in a fun, safe environment while making lasting friendships.
Ages: 12 – 14
Times: 7 am – 6 pm
$140 per week for Y members
$190 per week for non-members
Counselor in Training
The Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) program provides teens with training in how to use effective leadership skills throughout their lives and how to effectively lead children. CIT’s are provided with training, leadership, and mentors as they assist in day camp programs and field trips. CIT’s must participate in the training week (includes First Aid/CPR) that will ensure they are comfortable and prepared to work with youth! The CIT program takes place throughout the summer, coinciding with regular camper sessions. CIT participants must attend the Training Week before being placed at a Day Camp location.
Ages: 14 – 15
Times: 9 am – 3 pm
$50 per week for Y members
$75 per week for non-members
Required training: TBA
CIT Program Perks:
- Teens will be mentored by positive YMCA role models.
- Teens will be certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Teens will learn the importance of water safety.
- Teens develop and improve leadership skills to use throughout their life.
- Teens develop friendships with other teens that share their passion for working with children.
- Teens gain real world skills that they can use in future careers.
- Teens have fun serving as role models making an impact on the lives of younger children.
- Teens earn community service hours that will help with college applications, presidential awards, and more.