The Marketing Coordinator & Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing a cohesive marketing campaign that will increase the YMCA of Columbia’s brand awareness in the Midlands area. This position will report to the Marketing Director.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- • Creates daily social media content and posts to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Linked In)
- • Writes Blog posts to support social content
- • Creates video to support social content
- • Ensures brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
- • Supervises all aspects of social media interaction
- • Ensures progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics
- • Assists in creating and implementation of monthly editorial calendar
- • Communicates and brainstorms messages with Marketing Director
- • Works within allotted spending budget
- • Attends events as needed
- • Others duties as assigned
- • Understand and support the YMCA’s mission
- • Demonstrated copywriting experience
- • Understanding of Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords
- • Experience creating and editing video
- • Experience with Hootsuite.
- • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- • Flexible schedule
- • Team environment
- • Family friendly
- • YMCA of Columbia Adult Membership
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, and depth perception. Travel between program sites and events is required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF COLUMBIA:
The mission of the YMCA of Columbia is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. The YMCA of Columbia is a non-profit (501c3) organization. There are five YMCA locations located throughout the Midlands – Ballentine, Downtown (Columbia), Jeep Rogers (Lake Carolina), NorthWest (Irmo), and Orangeburg County.
Starting Pay: $18.00 an hour, DOE
Contact: [email protected]