Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the Membership Associate of the Northwest Family YMCA is successfully implementing the Y mission, strategic goals, key initiatives and core values in the areas of sales and member engagement. The position serves an important role in engaging and retaining members, creating community amongst members, and facilitating a safe and welcoming environment. He or she is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and accurate service to all members, guests, and program participants over the phone and in person, responding to member and guest needs, promoting memberships and programs, and maintaining cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. The Member Associate will also participate in branch events and fundraising for YMCA membership-related programming.
NorthWest Family YMCA
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
2. On a daily basis, answers phone calls, answers questions and registers members for memberships and programs offered at the YMCA.
3. Has an upbeat, friendly personality to answer telephones and provides accurate information regarding programs, events, and membership at the Northwest YMCA.
4. During all shifts, reviews the communication binder for updates, checks the info wall for outdated, inaccurate, or missing info/flyers/brochures, follows up on all membership prospects, and reconnects new members via email or phone call.
5. Conducts interviews and informational tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
6. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
7. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
8. Maintains a professional appearance at all times by adhering to the Member Service Dress Code.
9. Works with Member Services team in meeting monthly sales goals.
10. Attend and actively participate in monthly in-service Member Services department meetings.
a. Child Abuse Prevention Training (within 30 days of hire)
b. CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen (within 30 days of hire)
c. Blood borne Pathogens Training (within 60 days of hire)
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
5. Basic knowledge of computers.
6. Must pass membership software operations exam within 30 days of hire.
7. Minimum age of 18.
8. Excellent sales skills, communication skills and basic computer experience.
9. Possess a courteous, professional manner.
10. Prefer prior sales and customer service experience.
The physical demands of the position include:
· Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
· Ability to lead and interact in-group activities and perform related physical skills.
· Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to climb, push, and pull.
· Ability to lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds.
8/hr to 9/hr depending on experience
All shifts throughout the hours of operations are currently available.