This position is primarily responsible for the physical condition of the Northwest YMCA. The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the facility, including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry. Additional responsibilities including ensuring that routine maintenance is performed and that all facilities are clean and safe for the public, and functioning properly. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member/guest expectations.
- Engage in active listening with members/guests in order to build relationships, understand individual’s goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- Report to and work closely with the VP of Operations to establish maintenance and capital improvement priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all senior staff to ensure that the daily operations of the Northwest Y are running smoothly.
- See that building property and equipment, within his/her field of responsibility, is not abused, is in top condition, is properly stored, and checked out when needed.
- Perform mechanical operations, repairs and janitorial services when needed.
- Report any and all accidents and emergency situations to your supervisor immediately and prepare the proper reports.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind and spirit and character values for all.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 years Facility Management experience.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems.
- Carpentry and general maintenance skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, members and participants.
- A professional presentation and a cheerful demeanor.
Be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
Pay rate: $12-17 an hour, DOE
Work days and times: 25 hours a week, with flexible schedule
contact: [email protected]