This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Sports Coordinator develops, organizes and implements high quality sports programs, ensuring that intended goals are met.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Works with the Sports Director to establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating objectives.
- Ensures and maintains sports fields and equipment.
- Enforces rules and regulations at practices and games.
- Facilitates practices and games under the direct supervision of the Sports Director.
- Trains sports officials and coaches; develops and distributes rules, guidelines, and handbooks; and distributes team uniforms and awards.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate; ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as the Y’s Sports Quality Team, staff meetings, special events, and fundraising campaigns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Program/Project Management
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- General knowledge of the rules of the sport as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
- Strong understanding and commitment to the YMCA’s purpose, mission, cause and values.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Certifications (available through the Y at no cost to employees) within 30 days of hire:
- Child Abuse Prevention Training
- CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Blood borne Pathogens Training
- General knowledge of all sports is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be accommodated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made by the employer to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to safely supervise program activities in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Irregularities in work schedule are expected.
Pay Rate: $12 an hour
Hours : 20-25 a week
Days and Times: M-F- 5-9PM, Saturday 7-6pm*, some Sundays as needed
Contact: Ashley Brazell