The Wellness Coach follows the YMCA health and fitness guidelines and regularly demonstrates fitness/exercise knowledge and skills. The incumbent will provide orientations to members using the strength training, free weight and cardio equipment in the facility.
- Instructs members on the equipment in that facility, helping them achieve their fitness goals, giving them good principles and correct safe proper form on equipment.
- • Shows enthusiasm and professionalism in working with members. Works on member retention by providing members with exercise options and helping them redefine their program to keep them interested.
- • Greets members as they walk into the fitness center.
- • Maintains a safe and clean environment by wiping down equipment, picking up towels and keeping the fitness area presentable.
- • Implements rules and regulations for safe use of the facility and maintains the daily management of the fitness center.
- • Participates in branch recruitment for facility participants or in program promotion events.
- • All other duties as requested by supervisor.
- • Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- • Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- • Certifications required within 90 days of employment: CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, Mobile Fit, My Fit Training, Listen First/Coaching Training
- • Must be able to demonstrate fitness/exercise knowledge and skills.
- • Must have thorough understanding of behavior change methodology.
- • Ability to build strong relationships with individuals and have empathy for health seekers.
- • Must be computer savvy and detail oriented.
Times and dates : 445 am- 8 am or 8 am to 12 pm
Starting pay rate: $8.50 an hour
Contact: Ashley Brazell at [email protected]