Consistent with the mission and vision of the YMCA of Columbia SC, and in cooperation with other Y staff, under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position directs the development and operations of Membership and various programs, such as Health Enhancement and Childwatch, at the Orangeburg County YMCA.
Constructed in collaboration with the County of Orangeburg in 2010, the Orangeburg Y includes a natatorium, fitness center, gymnasium, exercise studios, two seasonal waterparks (Orangeburg & Santee, SC), and many great programs. The branch has 1300 membership units, a $1.2M operating budget, and a $62K annual campaign.
Orangeburg County is a warm, welcoming place with a unique charm that promises tranquil living. Conveniently located less than an hour’s drive from the state’s urban centers of Columbia and Charleston, Orangeburg County’s lush unspoiled terrain, friendly neighbors and safe streets combine to create a lifestyle rarely matched.
The YMCA of Columbia includes five facility branches, serving Orangburg, Richland, Lexington, Kershaw, and Calhoun counties in South Carolina.
Do you share our commitment to strengthening community? Apply today to join us. The YMCA of Columbia SC is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete YMCA program-specific certifications as identified by supervisor, including group fitness certification.
- Previous leadership experience in recruitment, training and supervision of staff and volunteer groups.
- Excellent customer service skills, preferably in a membership-based organization.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Ability to successfully complete the following trainings within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen, Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Develops, implements, and manages strategies to promote Health Enhancement programs and Membership growth for the Y.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and supports staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Upholds the YMCA Mission and demonstrates behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Ensures high-quality activities through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff. Sets the standards for exceptional member service.
- Develops, manages, and controls departmental budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of membership and program information. Coordinates and manages member communications via emails, website, social media, in-branch communications, member inquiries, etc.
- Maintains equipment and facilities. Purchases equipment, parts and supplies as required. Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Assures compliance with state, local, and Y guidelines.
- Provides data and reports as requested.
- Maintains annual training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.