The Preschool Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting the Preschool Lead Teacher in the day-to-day lessons, activities, and operations of the classroom. These functions are performed all while encouraging the YMCA core values in the preschool children: honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
Jeep Rogers Family YMCA
• Assist Lead Teacher with execution of lessons, activities, and operations.
• Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized.
• Assist children in daily needs including but not limited to washing hands, using the restroom, picking up belongings, assist with snacks and packing or unpacking of belongings.
• Ensure parents/guardians comply with the drop off and pick up procedures.
• Ability to take direction from Lead Teacher and support the development of the children in the classroom.
1) Previous experience working with pre-school aged children.
2) Completed professional/educational training for preschool-aged children, or currently seeking such training.
• Lead and participate in recreation activities which may include running, throwing and kicking.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. in program equipment, tables, etc.
2’s- Tuesdays/Thursdays from 8:30am-12:45pm
3’s- Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 8:30am-12:45pm
4’s- Monday-Friday from 8:30am-12:45pm
*Follow Richland 2 holidays/closures, with the exception of start and end dates. This program runs from just after Labor Day to just before Memorial Day.