Assists in overseeing and coordinating Sports activities to ensure the purpose, mission and values of the YMCA Sports Department are being met.
Jeep Rogers Family YMCA
• Oversee, guide and evaluate Youth Sports paid and non-paid staff in accordance with the Association’s policies, purpose and goals.
• Is visible and available to staff, coaches, participants and fans to answer questions.
• Assures that necessary actions are completed pre, post, and during games by self and others.
• Properly prepares playing areas as necessary to ensure safety for all participants.
• Listens to concerns, resolves problems and corrects inappropriate behavior. Documents situations and relays to Jeep Branch Sports Director as needed.
• Completes necessary paperwork accurately and timely.
• Checks in with the Jeep Branch Sports Director prior to scheduled shifts for any necessary information, instructions or supply/equipment pick up.
• Receives and carries out instructions.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
2. General knowledge of sports as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
3. Strong understanding and commitment to the YMCA’s purpose, mission, cause and values.
4. Certifications (available through the Y at no cost to employees):
a. Child Abuse Prevention Training (within 30 days of hire)
b. CPR/AED, and First Aid (within 30 days of hire)
c. Blood borne Pathogens Training (within 30 days of hire)
5. Desire and ability to work with adults and children.
To perform this job successfully an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and duties listed above, and the physical demands of the position listed here, are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The physical demands of the position include:
• Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Ability to lead and interact in-group activities and perform related physical skills.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to climb, push, and pull.
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
$8-9 per hour
Mon – Fri 4:30-7:30
Other times as needed