Under the supervision of the Membership Director, the Wellness Coordinator oversees the development, administration, supervision, delivery and evaluation of wellness programs at the Orangeburg County YMCA.
Orangeburg County YMCA
1. Establishes new health and wellness program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Schedules staff and programs to meet the needs of members and provide for maximum utilization of the fitness areas.
3. Ensures the health and safety of all individuals in the fitness area, i.e. caution regarding unsafe
practices and conditions and perform rescue/first aid when necessary. Monitors daily operations to
adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies. Reports accidents and injuries and
complete incident reports.
4. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
5. Hires, trains, and supervises assigned staff positions. Maintain records of all staff to be sure that they are properly certified. Works with supervisor to oversee the quality of fitness instruction and offer suggestions for improvement.
6. Maintains equipment and facilities. Purchases equipment, parts and supplies as required. Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
7. Keeps accurate class attendance records.
8. Assists supervisor in budget management.
9. Assists in the marketing of program information.
10. Attends all staff meetings/events as requested.
11. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
12. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associates degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to successfully complete the following trainings within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; CPR; First Aid; AED; Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens.
3. Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
1. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
1. Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program
activities in a wide variety of venues.
2. Ability to use a computer, phone/smart device for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to sit and reach, and move around the work environment.
4. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to
6. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
$11 per hour
Mostly weekdays with occasional nights and weekends as needed.