The Sports Coordinator develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA sports programs with an emphasis on the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. He/she will remain current on best practices related to their assigned subject area(s), as well as maintain the needs of each participant as a number one priority.
• Provide direct leadership to branch sports programs designed to meet the needs of the community.
• Works with the Sr. Director to establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating objectives.
• Ability to manage and supervise employees and volunteers at multiple locations is essential to this position.
• Responsible for marketing and promotion of sports programs and entering all program information in ACTIVE
• Recruit, train, supervise and develop all staff and volunteers needed to deliver programs.
• Communicates effectively with branch staff, program participants and families to ensure programs operate smoothly and efficiently.
• Develop, monitor and control program budgets.
• Work with branch leadership teams to ensure coordinated programs and schedules that meet the needs of YMCA membership and community.
• Ensure that the environment, equipment and supplies are adequate and safe for conducting programs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with school personnel, other agency staff and community leaders to facilitate program development.
• Represent branch at program management team meetings.
• Ensure staff members maintain required certifications.
• Participate in Annual Campaign and other special events.
• Participates in various meetings for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information.
• Model relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner (within one business day).
• Performs other duties as assigned by administration.
1. Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
2. General knowledge of sports (with emphasis on soccer) as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
3. General knowledge of the rules of the sport as well as rules specific to YMCA sports.
4. Strong understanding and commitment to the YMCA’s purpose, mission, cause and values.
5. Certifications (available through the Y at no cost to employees):
a. Child Abuse Prevention Training (within 30 days of hire)
b. CPR/AED, and First Aid (within 30 days of hire)
c. Blood borne Pathogens Training (within 30 days of hire)
6. Desire and ability to work with adults and children.
An in-depth knowledge of soccer rules, skills, and needs with ability to coach, teach, and lead a soccer team.
Ability to work with all ages of kids from 3yrs-18yrs.
A previous soccer playing experience with years of coaching.
To perform this job successfully an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and duties listed above, and the physical demands of the position listed here, are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The physical demands of the position include:
• Visual and auditory ability to observe and to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
• Ability to lead and interact in-group activities and perform related physical skills.
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to climb, push, and pull.
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
$10-12 per hour