Under the supervision of the Sports Director, in cooperation with other YMCA staff, and consistent with the Y Mission, the Sports Official is responsible for enforcement of official rules and philosophy during all scheduled games.
Enforce the rules of the game.
· Facilitate pre-game activity.
· Ensure game starts on time.
· Take charge. Do not be afraid to blow the whistle.
· Explain your calls to players and coaches.
· Ensure safety.
· Actively engage with coaches. Always explain to the coaches how the game will be called.
· Ensure goals are adjusted according to age division and proper size ball is used.
· Assist with set-up/clean-up as needed.
1. Minimum age of 16.
2. Certifications within 30 days:
a. CPR, AED, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen
b. Bloodborne Pathogens
c. Child Abuse Prevention
3. Previous experience as a referee/official preferred.
4. Knowledge and understanding of the rules of the sport.
5. Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
6. Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
1-2 years experience officiating youth sports or previous experience playing the specific sport.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
· May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
· May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time. May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures.
· Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members’ well-being.
· Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
· May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
Must exhibit Patience and understanding
Pay Rate: $15.00
Work days and times: weeknights from 5-8pm
Contact: [email protected]