Make a big difference. The generosity of others is at the core of our existence. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change in your own community. As a volunteer, you’ll be working with other caring, committed people who want to make a difference in your community.
Volunteers of the Y
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation and to our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support others
YMCA program volunteers undergo an interview and training process similar to that of paid staff. This helps you find the best fit for your skills while also ensuring the safety of our members, staff and other volunteers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.748.9622 ext. 113 to learn more.
Focused on creating lasting personal and social change for our community
The YMCA of Columbia is governed by our Association Board of Directors that consists of volunteers from throughout the Midlands community. Each YMCA branch has its own volunteer Board that sets policy for the branch’s Executive Director, who manages the operations of the branch with full-time and part-time staff and volunteer leaders.