LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free, 12-week, small group program designed for adult cancer survivors.
This program fulfills the important need of supporting cancer survivors in our community. They will work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to safely achieve their goals such as building strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is helping people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
This program is free to participants and is funded by generous donors to the YMCA’s Annual Campaign.
- Ballentine Family YMCA: September 10 – November 29, meets Mon./Wed. at 10:30 a.m.
- Jeep Rogers Family YMCA: September 11 – November 29, meets Tues./Thurs. at 6 p.m.
- Downtown YMCA: September 10 – December 17, meets Mon./Thurs. at 6 p.m.
- NorthWest Family YMCA: August 27 – November 22, meets Mon/Thurs. at 6 p.m.
- Orangeburg County YMCA: September 17 – December 12, meets Tues./Thurs. at TBD.
How to get involved
For more information or to inquire about participation in the program, contact your local branch.