LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free, 12-week, small group program designed for adult cancer survivors.
This program fulfills the important need of supporting cancer survivors in our community. They will work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to safely achieve their goals such as building strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is helping people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
This program is free to participants and is funded by generous donors to the YMCA’s Annual Campaign.
Locations and upcoming sessions
- Ballentine Family YMCA: September 8 – December 12, meets Mon./Wed. at 10:30 a.m.
- Jeep Rogers Family YMCA: September 8 – December 11, meets Tues./Thurs. at 5:30 p.m.
- Downtown YMCA: September 8 – December 11, meets Mon/Wed at 6 p.m.
- NorthWest Family YMCA: October 2-December 22, meets Mon/Thurs at 6 p.m.
- Orangeburg County YMCA: September 27 – December 22, meets Mon/Fri at 4 p.m.
How to get involved
For more information or to inquire about participation in the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.