At Summer Camp kids find their Y… friendship and fun and a world of adventure.
TRADITIONAL CAMP | AGES 5-12
Our Traditional Camp experience is provided onsite at Richland One schools. Campers will build self-confidence through character education, appreciate teamwork and sportsmanship while gaining independence as they nurture their spirits, challenge their minds and strengthen their bodies. A healthy breakfast and lunch are provided by Richland One. Register for Friday Fun Days to supplement their experience!
June 5-9: Kick Start the Summer
June 12-16: STEM-IT-UP
June 19-23: Operation: Celebration
June 26-30: Splish Splash
July 3-7: NO CAMP
July 10-14: Olympics
July 17-21: Community Week
Note: Grand Finale Camp available July 24-28
- Brennen Elementary
- Carver Lyon Elementary
- Pine Grove Elementary
- South Kilbourne Elementary
When: Monday-Thursday | 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Cost per Week: $115 | $10 per week non-refundable deposit due upon registration.
FRIDAY FUN DAYS | AGES 5-12
Supplement your child’s Traditional Day Camp experience with Friday Fun Days! A variety of fun and exciting field trips are planned each week to complement the weekly themes from Traditional Day Camp. Friday Fun Days are by REGISTRATION ONLY and space is limited – don’t miss your chance to join us on our adventures!
When: Fridays | Drop-off: 7:00-8:45 am | The bus will leave promptly at 9:00am to our destination and will return to the church around 3:00pm.
NEW! ADVENTURE DAY CAMP | AGES 9-13
Older School Age kids can enjoy a fun-filled summer with YMCA Adventure Camp! Weekly Adventure Camps will be available to children ages 9-13 who want to dive deep into specific weekly themes that they will learn about for a full week. Children are encouraged to register for weeks they are interested in; Traditional Day Camp is available for weeks that don’t offer a theme your child is interested in. Adventure Camp is designed to foster independence, additional social-emotional development opportunities, and provide exposure to a variety of interests and skills. Due to the nature of the activities offered, all participants’ behavior must be able to be redirected quickly.
- June 5-9, Theatre: Calling all aspiring actors! Learn or improve your theatre skills while putting together a show to perform at the end of the week.
- June 12-16, On the Water (+$15 pp): Between South Carolina’s lakes, rivers, and pools, there is so much water to explore. Campers will enjoy splashing in the water, boating, fishing, and all things water.
- June 26-30, Unconventional Sports (+$15 pp): Have you heard of curling, archery, swamp soccer or bossaball? What about Quidditch or water polo? Campers will try their hand (and feet!) at a variety of sports they’re less likely to see on ESPN.
- July 10-14, Get Moving (+$15 pp): This week is designed for campers who love to move their bodies. Be ready to run, jump and play – because this week is full of hiking, sports, dancing, and so much more. Campers must have shoes that are able to walk multiple miles per day; a large water bottle or hydration backpack is encouraged.
- July 17-21, Visual Arts: Enjoy a week of creativity through different visual art mediums. Activities may include pottery, canvas painting, macrame and more. Display your artwork at the end of the week during the camp art showcase! Activities are subject to change based on availability.
- July 24-28, Science/Invention: Participate in innovation-based activities focused on hands-on learning. Throughout the week your camper will identify a problem and invent their own solution to take home at the end of the week!
Note: Activities are subject to availability and safety conditions. Updates will be communicated via email closer to the start of summer. For any weeks that an additional per person fee is indicated, families will receive a credit for that amount if particular events/activities are canceled and cannot be rescheduled that week.
Location: Washington Street United Methodist Church, 1401 Washington St, Columbia SC 29201
When: Monday-Friday | Drop-off: 8:00-9:00 am | Pick-up: 3:00-4:00 pm
Cost Per Week: $170 Members, $195 Nonmembers | plus $15 per-person fees for select weeks only (On the Water, Unconventional Sports, and Get Moving)
NEW! GRAND FINALE – JULY 24-28 | Ages 5-12
End your summer on an awesome note with the YMCA Grand Finale! All programs will come together the week after Traditional Day Camp ends at the Church of Apostles for a week full of field trips and adventures.
Location: Church of the Apostles
When: Monday-Friday, July 24-28 | Drop-Off: 7:00 am-8:45 am | The bus will leave promptly at 9:00am to our destination and will return to the church around 3:00pm.
Cost per Week: $170 Members, $195 Nonmembers | $10 per week non-refundable deposit due upon registration.
NEW! COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (CIT) CAMP | Ages 14-15
The Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) program provides teens with training in using effective leadership skills throughout their lives and how to effectively lead children. CITs are provided with training, leadership, and mentors as they assist in day camp programs. CITs must attend the training date (May 27) that will ensure they are prepared to work with youth. Program requires and application and interview.
When: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm | Note: Must commit to a minimum of 4 weeks.
Cost per Week: Members $70, Nonmembers $85
Questions: Email Youth Director Catie Young
RICHLAND ONE SOAR Add-Ons | Ages 5-12
Attending Richland One Summer SOAR at Brennen, Carver Lyon, Pine Gove or South Kilbourne? Extended day add-ons are available through YMCA Traditional Day Camp! Through YMCA AM and PM SOAR add-ons, children can participate with Traditional Day Camp in a variety of activities to nurture their spirits, challenge their minds, and strengthen their bodies. Register for Friday Fun Days to supplement their experience!
When: Monday-Thursday | 7:00-9:00 am and 3:00-6:00 pm
Cost per Week:
- AM SOAR Add-On: 7:00-9:00 am, $30
- PM SOAR Add-On: 3:00-6:00 pm, $30
- AM & PM SOAR Add-On: 7:00-9:00 am AND 3:00-6:00 pm, $50
1447 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC 20201 | 803.799.9187
Contact: Youth Director Catie Young