LIVESTRONG is a free 12-week program designed for adult cancer survivors.
This small group program fulfills the important need of supporting cancer survivors in our community. Survivors will work with Y staff, trained in supportive cancer care, to safely achieve their goals such as:
» Building Strength;
» Increasing Flexibility and Endurance;
» Improving Confidence and Self-Esteem.
By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is helping people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
Our 12-week program includes*:
- Two 75 to 90-minute sessions per week
- Cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises
- Fitness and quality of life assessments before and after participation
- YMCA-certified instructors helping participants every step of the way
BONUS: Includes a FREE family membership for the duration of the 12 weeks.
*Requires medical clearance from a physician. Open to adults 18 years or older at no cost.
- NorthWest Family YMCA (Irmo): Sept. 26-Dec. 14 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Downtown YMCA: Coming Soon!
- Ballentine YMCA: January 2024
- Jeep Rogers Family YMCA: Coming Soon!
Click the link below to fill out an Interest Form. Please note that completing an interest form does not automatically secure a place on the program roster. Our staff will contact you within 5 business days after your interest form is submitted to discuss next steps.
Kate Yutuc, Healthy Living Director, 803.407.8007 or [email protected]